Friday, April 27, 2012

Just Call Me Dugout Nazi

I thought my husband had lost his mind when he told me that he was going to coach our son’s Little League team, well, then dumbass me said I would be Team Mom. I’m not crazy about kids or baseball, what the hell was I thinking? Maybe I just need something to do outside of the house. Let’s face it, I have NO life so why not take care of 10 more 6, 7 & 8 year old boys 2 days a week.

Saturday is opening day and Jeff picked up the uniforms tonight. So pathetic that I was excited to have something to do. I put each boys name in their hats, then put their socks and jersey in the hat so it would be easy to hand them out. I put the schedules to hand out, the roster and stat book all nice and neat in a binder even. I have this need to be organized, a tad OCD maybe, who knows.

I wonder how many parents won’t like the fact that we have no intentions on doing the whole “after game snack”. Neither one of us see the point in it. I would suppose it goes back to kids being so coddled now-a-days. I don’t remember getting a snack after any of my games growing up. Besides that, who in the hell can afford to spend the extra money when it’s not necessary? I guess if most of the parents bitch and whine about it enough then we’ll give in, but I find it just stupid.

It has always drove me crazy during games when kids are just being wild in the dugout, I have a feeling that I may piss off more than one parent or get the nickname, Dugout Nazi. This is an instructional league, if these little boys would pay attention they just might learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment